No other factor increases your risk of ill health than smoking! If you smoke, you risk developing lung cancer, other cancers, chronic bronchitis, stomach ulcers and many more illnesses. Think seriously about giving up. The doctor, nurse or health visitor will be able to offer help and advice, or you can call the Stop Smoking Service on 01209 215666.
Regular exercise improves muscle tone and general well being. A little exercise taken frequently is often better than strenuous exercise taken occasionally.
You should ensure the following are kept (suitably locked away from children) at home
- Paracetamol (eg Calpol, Disprol) or Ibuprofen/Neurofen for the treatment of pain and/or fever.
- Antiseptic Cream for minor skin cuts and grazes.
- Bandages and dressing plasters.
- Calamine Lotion for itching and sunburn.
- Indigestion remedy.
- Anti-histamines eg. Piriton liquid for bites/stings etc.