Annual Infection Control Statement
We aim to keep the surgery clean and tidy, and to offer a safe environment for all our staff, patients and relatives.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our reception staff.
Our GPs and nursing team also follow procedures to make sure that treatment of our patients and the clinical equipment used meets infection control guidance.
In addition the practice takes the following measures to make sure we maintain the highest possible infection control standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control risk assessment and regular audits to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, hand towels etc, and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building
Our Infection Control representative at The Clays Practice is:
Allison King, Lead Practice Nurse